Donoughmore Graveyard is located just outside Ballyragget on a side lane off the N77 Kilkenny Road and the old church ruins in the graveyard date back to the 12th century at least, the exact origin is not known. The earliest inscription recorded dates from 23rd March 1673 and that is of Joseph Bradshaw who was a Cromellian soldier (see metal cross photo in the gallery below). Many people interred in Donoughmore have no tombstones or grave markers.
Of the 273 remaining tombstones and marker stones in the graveyard over 200 inscriptions are recorded. Donoughmore Graveyard is the burial place for many people from Ballyragget, Conahy, Lisdowney and Freshford.
GPS: 52.77937, -7.32833.